How to Apply
Prospective students may apply either by calling to request an application (800-539-4425), emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by completing an online application.
As a general rule, the process will follow these steps:
- Admissions department will contact the references provided by the applicant.
- The applicant receives a personal visit from an instructor. Visits are usually scheduled after review of reference letters.
- Once visit report is reviewed, the applicant is sent medical forms.
- The completed file is reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
- The applicant is notified of the decision. Acceptance may or may not include a class date.
- Class dates are finalized based on space as well as availability of best-suited dog.
The time involved in the process varies, depending on these factors:
- How quickly your references respond to our requests.
- Availability of an instructor for your personal visit.
- How quickly your doctor returns your medical forms to The Seeing Eye.
Generally, once an applicant is accepted, class placement is within three to six months.