The Seeing Eye Giving Societies are your opportunity to make a life-transforming impact on individuals who are blind. Without the generous support of people like you, our work would not be possible. Please consider joining one of our Giving Societies. Examples of how your donation can help include:
The Buddy Society - $250 to $999
Buddy, a female German shepherd, was the first Seeing Eye® dog. She was bred and trained in Switzerland for Morris Frank. All Mr. Frank’s Seeing Eye dogs were named Buddy and, in their honor, the name has been retired.
- $250 pays for one dog harness
- $500 provides veterinary care for one puppy for one year
- $750 provides room and board for one student during the 18-25 day training program
The Jack Humphrey Society - $1,000 to $4,999
Jack Humphrey was the first trainer of Seeing Eye dogs. His extraordinary work continues to have an impact on how we train Seeing Eye dogs over 80 years later.
- $1,500 supports one litter of puppies for seven weeks at our puppy breeding station
- $2,500 supports one puppy raiser/puppy team for one year.
The Morris Frank Society - $5,000 to $9,999
Morris Frank co-founded The Seeing Eye in 1929. He and Buddy, the first Seeing Eye dog, traveled all over the United States spreading the mission of The Seeing Eye and fighting for equal access for guide dog teams. Mr. Frank was a tireless advocate and effective spokesperson for the organization for many years.
- $5,000 provides veterinary care for one litter of puppies for one year
- $9,000 provides kennel supplies for our puppy breeding station for one year (approximately 500 puppies and 58 adult dogs)
The Dorothy Harrison Eustis Society - $10,000 to $24,999
Dorothy Harrison Eustis dedicated her life to breeding and training German shepherds, first for police work, and then entirely for The Seeing Eye. She was inducted into the National Women’s Hall of Fame in 2011.
- $10,000 underwrites the four months training of one dog
- $13,000 underwrites the cost of dog medications at our puppy breeding station for one year (approximately 500 puppies and 58 adult dogs)
The Seeing Eye Society - $25,000 and above
Founded in 1929, The Seeing Eye is the oldest guide dog school in the world and the founder of the guide dog industry.
- $25,000 sponsors an instructor for three months
- $50,000 helps feed 275 dogs on campus for six months
- $50,000 sponsors an instructor for six months
- Contributions of $5,000 and above entitle the donor to name a Seeing Eye puppy
- Contributions of $25,000 and above entitle the donor to be placed on our VIP dog adoption list
The Heritage Society
This Society honors individuals who have included The Seeing Eye in their estate plans. If you would like to receive more information about becoming a member of the Heritage Society, please visit the Legacy Giving Section of our website.
Unless a donor wishes to remain anonymous, members of all giving societies will be listed in The Seeing Eye Online Donor Giving List and in the Hall of History donor kiosk on The Seeing Eye campus. Donors in the Jack Humphrey, Morris Frank, Dorothy Harrison Eustis, Seeing Eye and Heritage societies will also be listed in The Seeing Eye Annual Report.