Did you know there is a way you can double your donation to The Seeing Eye at no additional cost to you?
Many employers offer matching gifts programs in which your contribution to The Seeing Eye is matched by your company with a donation of its own, usually dollar for dollar. In effect, your contribution is doubled and sometimes even tripled.
Companies often want to support nonprofit organizations that operate in their own local areas. Our graduates live and work in every state and province of the United States and Canada, so chances are extremely high that someone in your area is working with a Seeing Eye dog right now. Many Seeing Eye donors already utilize their company's matching gift programs.
So, how do you get started? Procedures vary from employer to employer but the following example is typical:
- Contact your human resources department to see if your employer has a matching gifts program and to obtain a matching gifts form or electronic filing instructions
- Complete the employee portion of the form or electronic filing section and mail it with your donation to The Seeing Eye
- We certify that we have received your donation and then we forward that information back to your employer
- Your employer verifies your eligibility and ensures that The Seeing Eye has met the company’s requirements
- Your employer sends the matching gift to us
Did you already send in your donation without the matching gift? It may not be too late - check with your human resources department for their filing deadlines.
Please consider joining us by looking into your employer’s matching gift policy when making a donation. If you have any questions, please contact The Seeing Eye Donor & Public Relations Office at (800) 539-4425 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about how your employer can directly make a donation to The Seeing Eye, please see our Corporate Philanthropy page.